Pratt’s 2019 Fall Forum on Teaching and Learning
Frameworks for Equity and Inclusion
NEW Extended Deadline: July 22, 2019
Submit your proposal
Pratt’s 2019 Fall Forum on Teaching and Learning: Frameworks for Equity and Inclusion will focus on raising critical questions and sharing best practices about how to support the success of a diverse student body. The Forum aims to bring together the Pratt community for discussion that will broaden and deepen our collective thinking about diversity. In particular, the Fall Forum will engage with questions in our learning environments related to race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, first generation students, LGBTQIA students, international students, and students of different abilities (neuro-diversity). The Forum will also provide faculty and staff with the knowledge base, pedagogical skills, and community support they need to effectively work together.
We invite all Pratt faculty and staff to respond to this call for brief presentations and poster sessions for Pratt’s 2019 Fall Forum, which will be held on the Pratt Brooklyn campus, Friday, September 20, 2019 from 8:30a to 4:00p.
Presentations and posters should address the following key questions and themes:
- Culturally inclusive pedagogies
- Inclusive conversations in the classroom and studio
- The hidden curriculum
- Diverse approaches for both pedagogy and content
- Approaching difficult topics
- Diversifying the assessment of learning
- July 22, 2019 – Extended deadline for submitting a proposal
- July 31, 2019 – notification of acceptance
- September 1, 2019 – deadline for finalized presentation slides and posters
Tentatively, the presentations and poster sessions will be scheduled for the afternoon.