Call for Applications: Deep Dive Community (DDC)
The CTL invites faculty to join us for two intensive mini-learning communities during the Spring 2021 semester, in order to deep dive into specific topics in our commitment to support Pratt’s Strategic Plan, with a specific focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. The two (2) Deep Dive Communities (DDC) scheduled for the Semester Semester are: Microsolidarity for Educators (Feb 2 – Feb 26) and Authority in the Classroom (Apr 6 – Apr 30).
Microsolidarity for Educators
- Focus: Experiential and Reflective
- Dates: Feb 2 – Feb 26
- Zoom Calls: Feb 2, 9, 23 and 26 at 10 am.
- Description: Join this Deep Dive community if you want to fully experience and immerse yourself in practices inspired by microsolidarity (the term coined by Richard D. Bartlett), including working in partnerships and crewing. Be ready to practice creating solidarity in communities of colleagues and reflect on your experience and its implication for classroom and studio work. We will ask you to complete a Reflection Action plan – as in our previous DDCs – as part of showcasing work together and for part time to quality for the stipend. (No previous DDC experience required.
Authority in the Classroom
- Focus: Theory and Conversation
- Dates: April 6 – April 30
- Zoom Calls: Apr 6, 13, 27 and 30 at 10 am.
- Description: Join this Deep Dive community if you’re interested in exploring the ways in which ‘authority’ might manifest in your studio or classroom–virtual, hybrid, in-person, and otherwise. We’ll explore theoretical frameworks in order to define our terms and rethink our long-established practices, in hopes of further developing holistic excellence. Building on previous iterations of DDCs, we’ll push the idea of Reflective Action over our three weeks (4 sessions) together and solidify our cross-departmental collaborative processes. (No previous DDC experience required.
Orientation Call to Deep Dive Communities
If you are interested in participating in any of these two Deep Dive Communities, join us for a DDC Orientation Zoom call on January 27 at 2:00 pm
RSVP for the Orientation call.
Application for the Deep Dive Communities
Application form to participate in Spring 2021 Deep Dive Communities
Limited spots available; first come first serve basis.
Stipend $250 (for part time faculty only, must complete the requirements)