Pratt’s Center for Teaching and Learning
Inclusive Teaching Summer Institute 2020
Please APPLY ONLINE
Deadline for application: March 24, 2020
Pratt’s Center for Teaching and Learning in partnership with Pratt’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion presents our inaugural Inclusive Teaching Summer Institute 2020. This two-day institute will be offered to Pratt faculty and all those who complete the Institute will receive a CTL.ITSI Certificate. In addition, part time faculty will receive a $850 honorarium.
The Inclusive Teaching Summer Institute 2020 will take place
Tuesday May 19 and Wednesday May 20, 2020
at the CTL
Pratt Library, East Reading Room
As educators, our ultimate goal is to create a nurturing, inclusive school community where all students can thrive. During the two-day Institute, we will center our conversations and workshops on how educators can create and sustain diverse, inclusive learning environments.
Among others, topics will include:
- Facilitating difficult conversations;
- Maintaining instructor transparency in the student-centered classroom;
- Including a diversity of perspectives in your discipline and content;
- Fostering inclusion through evidence-driven pedagogical approaches;
- Increasing students’ engagement in learning with sustainable teaching strategies
Seats area limited for taking part in our first Inclusive Teaching Summer Institute, so interested faculty should consider the prerequisites and submit their applications by the deadline:
We’re hoping to create a participant base that represents all schools and departments across campus. The selected ITSI 2020 participants will be announced by mid-April.
The application will ask of you the following:
- Please explain why you would like to take part in this year’s Inclusive Teaching Summer Institute (ITSI 2020)? What interests you about this opportunity?
- What are your biggest challenges regarding inclusive teaching? What do you see as the most pressing issues in teaching in a diverse classroom?
- What questions do you want to explore in the Summer Institute?
- How confident are you in your ability in building an inclusive and equitable classroom?
- What is one insight or strategy you could contribute or share during the institute?