Hello, and welcome to Pratt!
The New Faculty Orientation is scheduled for:
- Welcome Session: Thursday, January 14 from 10 – 11 am (virtually, on Zoom). To attend, RSVP here).
- Library and Research Session: Thursday, February 11 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm (virtually, on Zoom, more info and RSVP).
- LA/C and Title IX Session: Thursday, March 11 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm (virtually, on Zoom, more info and RSVP).
- Counseling and Wellness Session: Thursday, April 8 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm (virtually, on Zoom, more info and RSVP).
Learn more and RSVP for these events here.
The virtual orientation will be devoted to introducing you to Pratt Institute overall, the supports provided to faculty and students, as well as getting to know each other better while building continuous support and connections that will help you succeed in teaching, researching and thriving at Pratt.
Among other things, we will discuss:
- Supporting faculty in their teaching, with a focus on resources and training options available through the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and beyond. We’ll talk about how you can learn more about online pedagogies, the LMS, other tools and techniques to best support your online or hybrid teaching.
- Supporting student success, with a focus on the holistic support available to students in the form of academic and Student Life resources, the policies and processes that guide the work we all do, and the kinds of challenges that might come up specifically in these uncertain times.
- Supporting faculty in their creative work / research, with a message from Pratt’s Associate Provost for Research and Strategic Partnerships.
- During the session, we’ll provide you with resources to learn about Pratt’s system of shared governance and how you can participate in it.
Our goals are for you to leave this virtual orientation having learned some key things about how Pratt works as well as the resources we have to support you, and energized by the prospect of participating in the Pratt community.
You will also have the opportunity to sign up for our Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) training modules that will take place online, as well as other teaching and learning seminars and events throughout the Fall semester.