We believe that faculty and student wellness and success are interdependent. In order for faculty to apply caring pedagogy, to recognize the impact of stress on learning, and to help their students be well, they must first be given the opportunity to examine and cultivate their own wellness.
Pratt’s Center for Teaching and Learning invites all faculty to participate in scheduled Wel.Co.Me sessions, designed to promote wellbeing pedagogies at Pratt.
Each 2-hour Wel.Co.Me session will focus on selected practices, tools and resources that promote learned optimism, resilience, growth mindset and emotional intelligence, along with introducing mindfulness-based practices for personal or classroom/studio use.
- Feb 3 (Monday) at 1 pm – Overview of Flourishing
- Feb 10 (Monday) at 1 pm – Emotional Intelligence
- Mar 3 (Monday) at 1 pm – Cultivating Positive Emotions
- Mar 23 (Monday) at 1pm – Character Strengths
- Mar 30 (Monday) at 1 pm – Resilience
- Apr 13 (Monday) at 1pm – Stress Reduction
- Apr 20 (Monday) at 1 pm – Relationships
- May 4 (Monday) at 1 pm – Grit and Flourishing for Life
Location: All Wel.Co.Me sessions will take place at the CTL, Pratt Library, 2nd Floor (East Reading Room).
RSVP is strongly recommended
In order to best prepare for these sessions, it would ideal if you RSVPd ahead of time. If there are any last minute changes in your schedule, of course, you can drop-in.
Part time faculty who attend any 4 Wel.Co.Me sessions during the Spring 2020 semester will receive a certificate and a $400 stipend, and a part time faculty who come to all 8 sessions will receive an $800 stipend; which will be processed at the last session.