Ada Project 1

Irregular Circle Grid Walk:

I was trying to create an irregular circular path that would meet at the end. I could not do this without setting the loop distance to an exact number. I had a version where I tried to recreate this by setting a square boundary.

1

I then created a single irregular circle the repeated a set number of times with a random rotation. Then withing that circle I set a random path to extend from the center. The centroid does not match up because it was set to a square bounding each bunch of circles.

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 10.04.31 PMScreen Shot 2015-02-06 at 10.06.24 PMswirlcircles

Loops:

These swirls were drawn then scaled down and drawn again from the same point. This was repeated in a grid pattern that turned out to rotate as it increased in the Y direction.2

Zig Zag:

3

Scaled Triangle Rotation:

Scaling down triangles and rotating them created several curved lines. It is more prominent in the pen drawing. Some part did not appear because the pen slipped out of the adaptor.

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 6.21.42 PMScreen Shot 2015-02-17 at 6.22.01 PMtriangles

Penta Grid:

Here is was trying to create a grid using pentagons. I then changed the distance between each pentagon and mirrored it. When it printed, I noticed the base of each shape outlined 4 horizontal lines. This clarifies how the shape it oriented on the gird. However removing the horizontal line will create a disoriented composition.

penta gridpenta grid code pentagon_Page_1

4 Responses

1. I find “Scaled Triangle Rotation” very intriguing. There is a secondary and visually evident superimposed pattern created when the two patterns are overlaid while displaced or rotated a small amount from one another. The pattern appears differently with the change in the size of the image.

2. The Scale Triangle Rotation I find very attractive as well as the “sea shell” from Brielle and Jenny’s project for similar reasons. the use of a single line and the repetition of it in a rotation manner creates a shadow effect. Or better yet, a three dimensional space, that has aspects of depth and light.