EX.07 Analog Machine

[ ANALOG MACHINE 3.0 ]

OPERATION_Drawing Machine 3.0

An experiment with constraining one of the actuators along a linear track

In this example the chain is replaced by a pen holder and a tension spring.

One of the first automatic ink drawings

An example demonstrating the motions of the machine with a cardboard strip replacing a braced bicycle chain.

SETUP_Drawing Machine 3.0

2016-10-16-22-47-58
For the point grid drawings a lasercut stencil was used in order to consistently register the ink drops.

2016-10-16-20-11-34
The starting position of the new drawing machine is consistent among all drawings. A simple stencil is used to line up the actuators.

FABRICATION_Drawing Machine 3.0

2016-10-16-08-59-04 2016-10-16-08-58-53
The wiring employs two two-way switches that allow to change polarity of the 12V DC motors. Initially, the motors have been powered by two 12V batteries, which were later replaced by adjustable 3V – 12V DC adapters.

Downloads:
MDF Base:

Disks and motor adapters:

[ ANALOG MACHINE 2.0 ]

OPERATION_Profile Actuator

1
2 4 5

DESIGN_Profile Actuator

screen_capture_1
screen_capture_2 screen_capture_3
Project

Fusion 360 SAT:

Lasercut FIles

1/8″ Acrylic:

STL components

Sleeve: 

Lead Press: 

FABRICATION_Profile Actuator

6

1

3

3

1

17

[ ANALOG MACHINE 1.0 ]

FABRICATION_Rolling Turntable

3
This device uses several forms of actuation. The primary goal of the machine is to let the chain freely slide around the bed, which can tilt to roughly 80 degrees on either side, and sits on a set of bearings connected to a bicycle chain and crank to allow it 360 degrees of rotational freedom. For the first test we tried out contact paper, which leaves traces based on pressure (or it is supposed to at least).

WELDING_Rolling Turntable

21 43 15

MACHINING_Rolling Turntable

4 2 1 2
Welded a coupler ring to a steel to tube. This will act as the sleeve for the crank. Used the lathe to turn a rectangle profiled piece of wood into a dowel with a cap. It sleeves into the metal tube The two individual pieces for the crank assembly. The crank assembly….assembled

7 Responses

1. A person necessarily assist to make significantly articles I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual publish incredible. Magnificent task!

2. I keep listening to the reports lecture about receiving free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the most excellent site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i find some?

3. Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would appreciate your
    work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to
    send me an email.

4. Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your web site in internet explorer, might test this?
    IE still is the market chief and a good section of other folks will omit your magnificent writing because of this problem.