CNC Mill _ From the Masters

CNC SHOP IN HIGGINS

http://pifabcnc.yolasite.com/

Go to this website to get certified. As the certification is relatively well documented, I will leave it as is. If you have any questions, please contact me on slack, and I can help you through this.

CNC MACHINE IN THRIFT

Contact this guy if the Roland Machine breaks

img_2888

Some Links

I like how he implements a flip mill here. When you look online, there are many many ways in which you can accurately place a flip mill. By first milling down, and then sacrificing the spoil board, he guarantees that everything is level to the machine (this is difficult to do on the large machine). From there, he is using standard peg sizes to ensure the flip aligns properly on both sides. This is something that needs to be modeled and programmed in Fusion / Rhino.

BITS

This is the cheapest supplier I know, and the bits are of wonderful quality

This is provider you should click, and then chose your bits from there
This is provider you should click, and then chose your bits from there.

POST PROCESSING:

Foams_

Peel Bond is a bondo-like product that can be painted, or sprayed (with an air-compressor) and can be bought HERE

For blue or pink foam bought at home depot, lowes, apple art..yadayada, you can also use gesso.

For both of these products, it is best to apply a coat, sand it, apply a coat, sand it, apply a coat, sand it, until you are satisfied.

this thing is great for making blue and pink foam a bit more rigid. Caution though, as you will melt the foam if the heat is on it too long. As with any new product, test it on some scraps before applying to your nicely finished model.