EX. 05 (Prototyping)

Try press fit..

Converting Vertical Motion into Horizontal:

Shout out to B-RYCE:

Even though the model fits perfectly in Fusion, the printing quality and material offset for the gear though slight affected it. I need to lasercut the gear again just slightly scaled up and it should fit better. The gear, due to its diameter also makes the turn quite slowly, hence “Worm Gear”. I can change the diameter according to speed.

img_5282 img_5283 img_5284 img_5281

I added electrical tape to hold threaded rod in place with a little bit of glue to make sure it didn’t rotate.

It was a bit tedious to make sure alignment of thread and gear were correct. It is slightly above the gear itself. Also this is a right turn thread, if turned to the left the thread jumps on top of gear.

img_5278 img_5280

Adding holed to base and side walls that would hold thread in place.

img_5277

The second version was better in its detail but was still a bit to big for the gear so I filed and sanded it a little.

img_5274 img_5276

Left: First prints imprecision did not fit into gear. Right: 3D prints, the left one is a second version scaled up slightly and using simplify, the right is the first print using Cura.

img_5275 img_5273

Lasercut gear using 123D Make!

img_5270 img_5269

screen-shot-2016-09-23-at-8-47-06-pm-01

Conversion of vertical motion to horizontal.

Analog Gears: Goal:

These are images of a worm gear and worm for a turntable. Will make to use for a hand cranked turntable and the base of machine.

img_4587 img_5566-1

Threaded rod, printed at too large of a scale.

20 Responses

1. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and everything.
    Nevertheless imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!
    Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this site
    could certainly be one of the very best in its
    field. Terrific blog!

2. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought
    this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

3. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100 sure. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.

The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following.

unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly
    very often inside case you shield this increase.

5. Mrs. Fister, this note is your next piece of information. Do contact the agency at your earliest convenience. No further information until next transmission. This is broadcast #3431. Do not delete.