Ex 05 | 1:1 Prototyping

End Effector 1 – WDM – (Wax Deposition Modeling)

Attempt: We wanted to create a hot end that would melt wax pellets to create a consistent drip.

Initial 3D model

• Download STL here!
  • Buy aluminum cone here.
hotend_001
Hot glue gun Hack

• We’ve salvaged the heating elements and nozzles from several cheap generic hot glue guns.
Assembly process

• Kapton tape is your friend
img_4800
Result

• We used two heating elements, one on the nozzle and another on the cone.
p1030307p1030311

End Effector 2 – WDMm – Fusion

waxdripper_hotend_v16

2

3D Printed Gimbal Assembly

• We tried to produce a device that kept the center of the nozzle and the center equilibrium point of the bed consistent.
  • Download the STLs here
  • We wire bent a ‘hanger’ for the nozzle that would allow it to hang perpendicular to the ground plane.
  • The hinges are all constructed with 8th inch wire and M4 washers. There are slots in the print (see drawing below) where we inserted 2 washers. This creates a metal to metal hinge that has lass friction that metal to plastic.
 p1030561

screencap

3D Printed Hand Crank Assembly gear_to_acsync-v5

18 Responses

1. This is the right blog for anybody who wants to search out out about this topic. You notice a lot its virtually arduous to argue with you (not that I really would need…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just nice!

2. I have not checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

3. Thanks for your intriguing article. Other thing is that mesothelioma cancer is generally caused by the breathing of fibers from mesothelioma, which is a very toxic material. It can be commonly noticed among employees in the engineering industry with long exposure to asbestos. It is caused by moving into asbestos insulated buildings for a long period of time, Inherited genes plays a crucial role, and some consumers are more vulnerable for the risk as compared with others.

4. The next time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I do know it was my choice to learn, however I actually thought youd have one thing fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may repair for those who werent too busy in search of attention.

5. I together with my buddies ended up looking through the nice things found on the blog while suddenly I got a terrible feeling I never expressed respect to the web blog owner for those strategies. The ladies are actually for that reason excited to read through them and have in effect sincerely been having fun with those things. Thank you for really being simply considerate as well as for deciding upon such helpful tips most people are really wanting to be aware of. Our own honest regret for not expressing appreciation to earlier.

6. Howdy would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m having
    a difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m
    looking for something unique.
    P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

7. Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and appearance. I must say you have done a amazing job with this. In addition, the blog loads very quick for me on Safari. Exceptional Blog!

8. Hi! I was hoping whether anybody is able to help me with choosing new vape juice lines for our eliquid marketplace https://allvapebrands.com? In about 2 weeks, I will be expanding my eliquid stable by taking on the following eliquid brands : Silver Lining Juice Co Made In UK E-liquid, 485RED E-Liquid, Chef’s Recipe eJuice , PHIX and Warning eLiquid SALTS. Has anyone tried any of these eliquids?

9. Good morning, We would like to take this specific opportunity to invite you to post your firm on All Vape Stores, a well known CBD and Vape Store Directory Site. A Little Bit about Us – All Vape Stores is a world wide CBD and Vape Shop Directory that is aimed to assist folks discover their local CBD and vape companies. We already get more than 100,000 unique and highly-targeted site visitors a month, predominantly from the UK and USA. We achieve such a strong internet site web traffic figure by running a very successful CBD and vape blog in which we deal with the most up to date CBD and vape industry news, reviews and user guides. We likewise send out regular weekly newsletters to our subscribers when we release new articles. By listing your business with All Vape Stores, you will receive an opportunity to develop your brand’s exposure, web site traffic and consumer base. Customers will be able to get in touch with you via a contact form straight on your business listing page. Similarly, you will receive a link from your profile which will aid you with your S.E.O backlink building for organic search engine rankings. To list your company, please head to: https://allvapestores.com/ We eagerly anticipate seeing you onboard. Kind regards, All Vape Stores Team