Time to sort through all the spare fuel injection parts in the garage
This was one of the nicest looking but worst running Corvette intakes….
Speeduino may let me salvage it yet…..
There’s a 454 throttle body hiding in that mess….
Some Ford CFI too
I love these since they bolt right up to a 2 bbl intake
I still have my original Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injector tester clone
It has lm1949 peak and hold drivers that work great with the low Z TBI injectors
Found a few more hiding under a bench. even a Rochester 1 bbl from a 1984 Fiero with the iron duke.
and a few pulls from my wife’s car that need to be flow tested to see if they have any hope for life…
I figured I’d go digital this time rather than using dip switches to select the pulse duration and count.
First thing was to print a case that would hold a protoboard and a sainsmart lcd keypad shield.
I used an UNO to create the firmware but didn’t want to waste a real UNO’s USB hardware on a project that would never use it so I took a mega protoshield and make my own controller.
It fits together pretty well.
I added a fuel pump control line so it could control the pump automatically..
I pulse the backlight with the injectors to give visual feedback on the pulse output.
That worked well so I got this R1 Motorcycle dash on Letgo and made a similar setup that should go nice with a logitech wheel….
Some Arcade pedals since the Aveo was an auto and I want a manual sim….
I may use the auto shifter for something but I’m just going to use a simple up/down shifter that interfaces like a paddle shifter.
such a simple mechanism.
A working stack that interfaces by WiFi.
Before I take my chances with a real car I figured I’d test things on a garden tractor.
I have a spare Briggs V-Twin for my tractor so I decided to print a test wheel and see how it works. I can always CNC this out of aluminum later but for the initial startup this should do. Its the first thing I’ve printed with PET….
Looks pretty flat.
I measured the fan cover holes at 155mm across
There is this 4 vane hub that would have worked as a pickup but I want to use the ford 60-1 trigger
Rather than leaving the center open I tried mounting it on top of the shroud. That looks ok too.
Now I have to add an optical pickup. I may switch to teeth so I can go with a hall or VR sensor when I make the aluminum part.
A quick test with static numbers
Produces nice clean waves.
Which almost hit the mark…. Just a little bit high but hats easy to fix….
The mileage is going up!
At one of our Albert Wisner Public Library Makers Meetings Roberto brought these great flight sim consoles.
I was obsessed with building something like this for a racing simulator likeDirt Rally or LFS.
So when my sons Chevy died I stripped a bunch of parts from the interior before I sent it off to the junk yard…
And a few from the exterior I could sell on ebay..
A quick test with a signal generator and the gauges seem to work fine.
PWM @ 10 hz makes the temperature gauge happy while the MPH and RPM respond nicely to square waves….
So heres a bunch of rusty parts from the dash frame.
A little flat black paint and they look much better.
The dash itself is not too bad but I have to remove the passenger side air bag and trim it along the left edge of the airbag opening.
This will be a single seater driving cockpit.
The main frame got a paint job too but I have to trim that to match the dash cover.
Then there is this….