MFA Open Studios Features:

We are celebrating the MFA Fine Arts Open Studios by featuring two to three of our MFA candidates weekly from the classes of 2021 and 2022.

JOSHUA B. BOGER

My work is an exploration into the way technology changes our perspective. Themes of social web outlets, connection, data sorting and collection, and user experience design are what I choose to focus on. I research exploitation and ownership of data, as well as the ethics and responsibilities of both users and creators. I hope to change the way we view the sacrifices we make in order to maintain a life with technology.

For more information click here

YU CHENG

Both the spread of diseases and the occurrence of natural disasters are inseparable from the destruction of human ecology. Water image series uses water as the medium to reflect the yearning for a better ecological environment. In it, water image 3 integrates the scenery of four seasons into a painting with cold colors, implying that if human beings do not respect the natural ecology, they will surely come to a desolate ending.

For more information click here

NAZLI EFE

Nazli Efe is a Turkish- Cypriot artist and architect. In her works, she discusses the dialogue between definite and infinite, emptiness and absolute, the macrocosm and microcosm from a mystical aspect. She employs both traditional (especially marbling) and contemporary techniques in a way that brings together the aesthetics of the East and the West to depict a unified transcendental space in an increasingly polarized world.

For more information click here

AUSTIN SAPIÉN

Setting a boundary or limit gives me a place to start. The limit then becomes a reference point to work outward from instead of a limit to work up to or within.
When I find myself free within limits, I find myself dancing

— And I find myself dancing beyond those limits.

For more information click here

TAYLOR DEAN

My work investigates the American west through the lens of my own dualistic identities. Through exploring my Indigenous and white colonizer heritages, the landscape of the pacific northwest, my gender identity, and the identities of both of my parents I unearth what it means to be an American from the West Coast for myself and my viewers.

For more information click here

TYLER ALLEN

Ty Allen is a multi-disciplinary artist from Houston, TX while now studying in Brooklyn, NY. Currently an MFA 22’ candidate of Pratt Institutes’ Integrated Practices program. Ty’s work employs collage, photography and printmaking to showcase the beauty of the black aesthetic and form, while also confronting social & historical stereotypes that are placed against the black community.

For more information click here

DAYLA BAIN

dalya bain (b. 1996) uses line, shape, and color to create meditative compositions. She is currently working on her MFA in Painting and Drawing at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, MD.

For more information click here

JACK BYERS

Jack Kohler Byers is an interdisciplinary artist and designer working across an array of static and dynamic media. His work investigates the fractures in global communication through the abstraction of type and image. Jack is from Central New York State and is now based in NYC.

For more information click here

ELLE ELLINGER

Elle Ellinger is a visual artist living and working in Brooklyn, New York. As an interdisciplinary artist working primarily with installation, Elle seeks to address topics surrounding sustainability, consumerism, and her experiences navigating space and the self through natural and urban environments. She received a BA in Studio Art Colorado College, and is currently a MFA candidate at Pratt Institute.

For more information click here

STEPHANIE KIM

As a dual citizen of South Korea and the United States of America, Stephanie Kim has been exposed to a range of perspectives and cultures from an early age. She has lived in various parts of the world: Seoul, Korea; Paris, France; Texas, Pennsylvania, Washington, Maryland and New York. In 2009, Kim had a severe car accident that changed her life around. After many years of recovery, she returned to Maryland Institute College of Art to finish her BFA degree in Painting in 2014. She has participated in numerous residencies such as the Chautauqua Institution and the New York Studio School.

Currently, she lives and works in NYC and is pursuing an MFA in Painting and Drawing at Pratt Institute.

For more information click here

ABHISHEK TUIWALA

I am a painter, sculptor and installation artist. I have completed my Bachelor of Fine arts in Sculpture from Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat in April 2019 and am currently pursuing a Masters of Fine Arts specialization in Sculpture on a scholarship from Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York. I have attended various workshops on sculpture like Dokra Casting, Wood carving, Dumas Art Fair and creation of drawing tools. Along with that, in the last 2 years I have gotten various national and international awards and scholarships for my sculptures. I have been a part of exhibitions conducted across cities like, Surat, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahemdabad and New York.

For more information click here

JUSTICE THOMAS

Justice – Michelle Thomas is a Connecticut native. She’s a veteran from the Connecticut Air National Guard, retiring in 2010 with 21 years of faithful service. Justice attended Manchester Community College, receiving two Associate Degrees with High Honors in Fine Arts. Justice graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a Bachelor of Arts and Masters of Science in Art Education.

For more information click here