Faculty in Pratt’s School of Architecture who are doing research, activism or practice in design or planning about the climate crisis will give brief presentations about their work; this event is intended to introduce students and other faculty to the breadth of climate research happening at the SOA. There will be ample time for questions, discussion and networking in between presentations!
Our first event will feature the following speakers:
- Karen Bausman on Wind Power New York City
- Radhi Majmudar on Techniques of Decarbonization
- Deborah Gans on Designs for a Changing Climate
- Meredith TenHoor on Design for Green New Worlds and Legacies of Intensive Agriculture
- Tulay Atak on Ludovico Quaroni’s project for Quartiere Cepalle Barene di San Giuliano, 1959
- Yehuda Safran on Epistemological Issues Related to Climate Change
This event will be held on Zoom; please register here: https://pratt.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0vf-uspzwqGtHbU0FtbCaPQUGwIbdc4glr
We have so many faculty working on climate research that we will be holding a second event on this topic in Spring 2021, currently scheduled for Tuesday January 26, 12:30-2 PM. It will feature Zehra Kuz on Fluid Frontiers; Dean Harriet Harriss on Writing the Architectures of the Post-Anthropocene; Laura Diamond on Labor and Climate Violence in the Persian Gulf; Lawrence Blough and Simone Giostra on Environmental Design in Building Envelopes; Sal Tranchina on Net Zero Affordable Housing; Eva Perez de Vega on Architecture and Animal/Plant Extinctions; Ariane Harrison on the Pollinator’s Pavilion; and others to come!
If you’re a Pratt faculty member who would like to be part of this event, please sign up here!